HOW WE CARE FOR YOU
At Rochester Regional Health, we are dedicated to getting health care right. Our robust benefits and total rewards foster employee wellbeing, professional development and personal growth. We care for your career while caring for the community.
- Sign-On Bonuses for external experienced RN’s
- Same Day Pay through DailyPay
- Acute Care Department Premium
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Clinical Ladder
- Certification Pay
- Shift Differentials
- Relocation Assistance
- Benefits Effective Date of Hire
- Tuition & Loan Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Free Parking
The OB Surgical Tech / LPN assists the surgical team by acting as the primary scrub person who handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment during surgical procedures. Maintains constant vigilance for the maintenance of the sterile field. Works under the direct supervision of an RN, provides practical nursing care for patients following established standards and practices. Performs treatments and procedures within the scope of the Nurse Practice Act of New York. Updates RN with timely information regarding the status of the patient in compliance with hospital policy and regulatory agency requirements.
STATUS: Full Time
DEPARTMENT: August Family Birth Place
- Graduate from an approved licensed practical school of nursing
- Successful completion of annual clinical, age and job specific competencies and skill verification tools required.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and critical decision-making skills required.
- Prior LPN experience
- Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, provides direct and individualized nursing care to assigned patients following established nursing policies and procedures and applied scientific principles. Incorporates age-specific, cultural, spiritual needs of the patient and significant other (s.)
- Assists in the patient assessment care process, by observing, collecting and reporting objective and subjective data regarding patient’s medical/surgical history, allergies, and medications, physical and psychological status.
- Encourages an environment that optimizes patient and environmental safety and by applicable laws, regulations and compliance effort
- Proactively identifying potential and actual patient safety risks, identifying underlying causes and making the necessary improvements through a systems-based approach.
- Operates and maintains equipment utilizing proper procedures, established policies and reporting of malfunctioning Equipment
- Communicates issues of concern and safety in a timely, appropriate manner
- Checks supplies, instrumentation, and equipment needed for surgical procedures and ensures proper operation
- Opens sterile supplies and sets up the table for surgical procedures.
- Provide a sterile field for surgical procedures. Ensures that the members of the surgical team are properly attired and assists the surgeon with draping the patient to isolate the operative site.
- Assists in the maintenance of the sterile field by applying principles of aseptic techniques and informing the surgeon/surgical team of infractions.
- Passes instruments and supplies to the surgeon.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
PAY RANGE: $25.00 - $29.00
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.