HOW WE CARE FOR YOU:
At Rochester Regional Health, we are dedicated to getting health care right. Our robust benefits and total rewards foster employee wellbeing, professional development and personal growth. We care for your career while caring for the community.
- Pension Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits Effective Date of Hire
- Same Day Pay through Daily Pay
Business Office Representatives ensure full reimbursement is received by RRH for clinical services rendered including professional, long-term/home care and hospital care, by effectively and accurately managing a receivable. Resolve edits to ensure accurate claims are sent to primary and secondary insurances. Research and resolve denials and payer requests for information promptly and accurately in order to secure payment. Work as part of a dynamic team continually looking for ways to improve a complex business process.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Riedman Campus
DEPARTMENT: Patient Accounting
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday Days
- 2 years work experience in a healthcare setting preferred
- Proficient working knowledge of assigned receivable systems
- General knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and insurance compliance issues preferred
- Familiarity with ICD-9 diagnosis and procedure codes as well as CPT/HCPCS codes helpful
- Knowledge of UBO4 billing form and 1500F05 specific payor requirements preferred
- Proficiency in a variety of computer applications and spreadsheet applications and common office equipment
- Excellent problem solving, organizational and oral and written communication skills required
- Strong communication, analytical and PC skills highly desired
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, attention to detail and follow through skills
- Flexibility and ability to work as a team player and to handle simultaneous tasks
- Successful completion of annual age and job specific competencies and skill verification tools required
- CLAIM MANAGEMENT: Review and accurately process claim edits in a system work queue. Accurately handle claim adjustments and coverage changes as needed. Review and process claim denials according to established processes. Research and resolve denial issues via the payer website, coverage policies and/or phone calls to the payer. Submit corrected claims and appeals. Process account adjustments and refunds as needed according to department policy and procedure. Document actions appropriately and follow-up with payers to ensure they take actions promised. Follow-up on claims with no responses. Manage large workload using tracking tools to ensure we don’t fail to follow-up before a payer’s deadline. Acquire and maintain knowledge of system terminology, claim/denial/coverage concepts and terms, and relevant HIPAA privacy rules and other regulations. Expertly use insurance websites to explore denial issues and resolve them using the tools in Epic, including accessing clinical documentation and authorization details.
- COLLABORATION & SUPPORT: Participate in team meetings which review new procedures, new denial types and system updates. Report problems and patterns to the supervisor to help keep policies and procedures up to date with new clinical programs and payer policy changes. Respond to patient complaints by researching coverage and claim processing to ensure the patient responsibility is accurate. Contact insurance as needed. Coordinate resolution with Customer Service staff.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: S - Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
PAY RANGE: $17.50 - $21.57
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.