HOW WE CARE FOR YOU
At St. Lawrence Health, we are dedicated to getting health care right. Our robust benefits and total rewards foster employee wellbeing, professional development and personal growth. We care for your career while caring for the community.
- Same Day pay through Daily Pay
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid vacation & holiday pay
- Medical, dental, vision, hearing benefits
The Certified Nurse Aide works under the direct supervision of licensed nursing staff to provide direct patient care in accordance with established hospital policies, procedures and protocols.
We are seeking dedicated healthcare professionals to join our team at Gouverneur Hospital. If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of patients and want to contribute to a dynamic healthcare environment, this is the opportunity for you. Your role will be integral in delivering high-quality care and ensuring the well-being of our community members. Gouverneur Hospital is certified for 25 beds and services include inpatient detox, substance use disorder rehabilitation, emergency care, imaging and EKG’s, physical therapy, and respiratory therapy.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Gouverneur Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Nursing Admin
SCHEDULE: 8hr shifts
- Required: Current , unrestricted New York State nurse aid certification or an unofficial transcript showing successful completion with a letter grade of B or better of a Nursing 101 course from an accredited nursing school program where activities of daily living are taught as well as the syllabus of the course provided as evidence, BLS required within three months of hire. The nurse aid is required to stay enrolled in the nursing school program while employed as a nurse aid if he or she is a not certified. If the nurse aid ceases to be a student in the nursing school program prior to graduation, the nurse aid will not be permitted to continue working until he or she becomes certified as a nurse aid in New York State. The time employee has six months to become certified or will be considered ineligible for employment and terminated.
- Preferred: New York State nurse aid certification, current BLS on hire.
- Preferred: Previous experience as a New York State certified nurse aid.
- Performs and documents direct comprehensive, family and patient centered care under the direct supervision of licensed nursing staff.
- Provides world class customer service to patients and families.
- Reports patient conditions directly to licensed nursing staff to achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Maintains a safe and clean patient and family centered environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
PAY RANGE: $16.58 - $21.50
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.