HOW WE CARE FOR YOU
At St. Lawrence Health, we are dedicated to getting health care right. Our robust benefits and total rewards foster employee wellbeing, professional development and personal growth. We care for your career while caring for the community.
- Same Day pay through Daily Pay
- Paid vacation & holiday pay
- Medical, dental, vision, hearing benefits
Operates MRI equipment and ancillary support systems to perform MRI procedures per provider orders. This is in accordance with approved techniques, policies and regulatory standards as established by regulatory agencies, standards and policies set forth by the organization. Adheres to the professional standards of the NYS Department of Health and American Registry of Radiologic Technologist.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Gouverneur Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Imaging Services
SCHEDULE: 8 Hour Days
- Graduate of either Radiologic Technologist or MRI program.
- Preferred: Formal Advanced modality specialty training.
- Required: Registered with American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist (ARMRIT)
- AHA-BLS, or obtain within 3 months of hire.
- NYS IV certification-per Article 35-Practice of Radiologic Technology, Section 3502
- Preferred: Advanced Registry in MRI
- Performs MRI procedures by utilizing the principles and knowledge of anatomy, positioning and MRI techniques. Maintains NYS IV certification for purposes of administering MRI IV contrast when ordered by Provider.
- Assists Radiologist in the performance MRI interventional procedures and provides appropriate images for interpretation.
- Follows all regulatory and organizational guidelines for patient/staff screening and MRI Safety and provides MRI safety education to anyone who may have contact with the MRI equipment.
- Follows organizational standards to include but not limited to patient identification, patient education, consents, and order verification and infection control
- Participates in all QA/QC procedures as designated and maintains standards of these programs.
- This includes processes involving MRI equipment, image quality, documentation and MRI safety
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
PAY RANGE: $72,600.00 - $90,750.00
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.