HOW WE CARE FOR YOU:
At ACM Global Laboratories, we are dedicated to getting health care right. Our robust benefits and total rewards foster employee wellbeing, professional development and personal growth. We care for your career while improving patients lives.
- Pension Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits Effective Date of Hire
- Same Day Pay through Daily Pay
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
As a Medical Technologist Specialist, you play a key role in performing clinical laboratory analyses and examinations by approved department procedures on blood, urine, body fluids and tissues within a published turn-around time using a variety of instruments and methods to assist in physician diagnosis and treatment.
ACM Global Laboratories is a growing international organization that provides continued opportunities for internal advancement. At ACM you will be part of a team that is focused on improving people’s lives where you are supported by leadership and colleagues. We are backed by a large healthcare network in the complex and rewarding field of advanced laboratory science. Your voice is heard, and with that, you have an ability to make an impact on the organization and influence your professional growth.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: 160 Elmgrove Park
DEPARTMENT: Laboratory Operations
SCHEDULE: Tues-Sat 9:30AM-6:00PM
- BS in Medical Technology or BS in a related Science (Biology, Chemistry, or The Physical Sciences) and/or equivalent relevant experience as recognized by New York State Department of Education for licensure as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist. (NYS Dept of Education, Education Law, Title 8, Article 165, sub-parts 79-15; 9/23/8).
- At least two years of relevant Medical Technology Laboratory experience required.
- New York State Department of Education License or Limited Permit as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist.
- Certification by American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) preferred, but not required.
- Analysis & Reporting. Correctly performs testing in an accurate and timely manner. Interprets and correlates clinical test results with patient history, diagnosis and clinical condition in order to explain test results so that appropriate action can be taken. Communicates stat and critical lab results and prolonged instrument malfunctions causing delays in test results to physicians, nursing units and other appropriate medical personnel. Performance of QC, routine and advanced maintenance and analyze/instrument troubleshooting activities. Accurately prepares reagents and maintains proper inventory of laboratory section supplies with appropriate cost containment in mind. Perform “extra” or advanced maintenance and/or troubleshooting activities, including Advanced Preventative Maintenance, QC/Validations for minor equipment (centrifuges, pipettes, etc.).
- Training & Development. Teaches in the School of Medical Technology and Lab rotations as called upon to do so. Coordinate or assist in training/development of new and current procedures. Coordinate department instructional programs for the RGH CLT program. Participation in Peer Interviewing activities for new hires.
- Evaluation. Act as technology consultant or key operator for an area or instrumentation. Participation in Regulatory preparation, such as routine Audits/Tracers. Involvement in department Quality Improvement Project and/or Department QA/QM monitors. Approval to write or modify Standard Operating Procedures for new or existing procedures.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
PAY RANGE: $74,800.00 - $83,200.00
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.