At Rochester Regional Health, we are dedicated to getting health care right. Our robust benefits and total rewards foster employee wellbeing, professional development and personal growth. We care for your career while caring for the community.
- $10,000 Sign on bonus
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Hearing Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursements and Discounts
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program
- Clinical supervision towards licensure
- Certification/Licensure Add-On Pay
- Professional Advancement
- Employee Referral Program Bonus
- Shift Differentials and Overtime availability
Provides emergency mental health evaluations, crisis intervention, milieu management and dispositional planning for patients needing assessment and intervention in a variety of clinical or community settings
STATUS: Full Time (36 hours)
LOCATION: Rochester General Hospital / Unity Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Emergency Services
- Master Degree in human service field required.
- Candidates must be licensed and successfully obtained New York State licensure in one of the following fields: LCSW, LMSW, LMHC, LMFT, or LCAT.
- Evaluations. Provides Emergency mental health evaluations.
With the psychiatrists supervision, acts as consultant to assist patient and clinical team with Behavioral Health subject matter expertise. Provides Behavioral Health evaluations in secure settings, hospital settings, outpatient settings and community locations.
- Intervention. Provides crisis and /or acute mental health intervention to patients presenting to the psychiatric emergency department setting in collaboration with family and significant others. Prioritizes and triages patients requiring immediate psychiatric intervention. Provides Substance use screenings and interventions using evidence based practices like SBIRT (screening, brief intervention, referral to treatment).
- Teamwork & Administration. Manages all telecommunication, collaboration with internal and external customers, and documentation relevant to the psychiatric patient admission, treatment, and discharge or transfer. Consults with the Team Leader, Manager, and/or Psychiatrist on Call to implement the most appropriate treatment and dispositional plan. Reviews every person evaluated with the psychiatrist to determine the most appropriate treatment and disposition. Attend Monthly scheduled staff meetings. Data Collection. Ad hoc committee membership. Lead report at change of shift, including collaborating with Emergency Department Nursing team regarding patient updates and unit notifications. Ensure all consults (ED/Inpatient/External Referrals) received are acknowledged and completed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: S - Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
PAY RANGE: $26.00 - $36.00
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.