HOW WE CARE FOR YOU:
At Rochester Regional Health, we are dedicated to getting health care right. Our robust benefits and total rewards foster employee wellbeing, professional development and personal growth. We care for your career while caring for the community.
- Benefits Effective Date of Hire
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Flexible Schedule/Day Shifts
- Pension Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
The Research Assistant will be tasked with assisting in clinical trial testing as part of the Rochester General Hospital Research Institute.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Rochester General Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Research Institute
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, Day | 9:00 am to 5:30pm
- Associates degree in related field required for experiment-based duties and preferred for clinical-based duties
- Bachelors In Biology or alike science preferred for experiment-based duties
- Minimum 1 year experience in related field preferred
- Ability to follow training and testing protocols as established within RGHRI
- Functions with direction from Research Scientist or Research Associate, Lead
- Computer skills preferred
- Assists senior team members in conducting research projects, collecting samples and analyzing data.
- Performs sample collections or experiments with limited guidance of senior team members.
- Analyzes data with limited guidance of senior team members.
- For clinical duties: Collects blood specimens via venipuncture and skin puncture according to physician orders applicable to regulations, policies and procedures to ensure complete and accurate specimens for testing.
- Adheres to established safety guidelines inclusive of the use of appropriate equipment and practices.
- Obtains the required specimens, labels and transports specimens to specified area.
- Prepares specimens for processing and completes paperwork associated with the test ordered.
- Manages incoming calls while providing necessary information
- Greeting patients and/or their representatives and providing direction as needed.
- Scheduling or pre-scheduling patient appointments, if applicable.
- Interviewing the patient and/or their representative for necessary information and completing the registration process as defined by policy.
- Verification of insurance eligibility/coverage and obtaining necessary authorizations when applicable.
- Ensures the accuracy of all data collected while meeting the regulatory requirements as outlined by department policy.
- Exhibits effective communications skills when dealing with patients, physicians, hospital personnel.
- Flexibility and transportation to multiple Patient Service Centers or other affiliated centers required.
- AS (Required)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
PAY RANGE: $18.00 - $22.50
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.