As an Access Associate, you will be responsible for many administrative support duties, such as greeting patients, performing check-in and check-out procedures and processing payments. This position requires a warm and inviting disposition, as you will be the first point of contact for our patients and their families.
STATUS: Full Time
DEPARTMENT: Pittsford Womens Health & Wellness
SCHEDULE: M-F Days
- Three (3) years of related work experience in a healthcare or customer service setting preferred
- Ability to lead and take direction
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Leadership. Provides knowledge, expertise and guidance to a team of access associates; assist in training new employees; serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex issues
- Customer Service. Manage incoming calls and provide necessary information; greet patients and/or their representatives and provide direction as needed; schedule patient appointments; interview patients and/or their representatives to obtain necessary information
- Registration & Verification. Complete the registration process for patients and/or their representatives; verify insurance eligibility/coverage and obtain necessary pre-certifications/authorizations when applicable
- Billing & Payments. Collect/process co-payments, deductibles and/or other types of payments; provide cost estimates when applicable; review charges in charge review WQs for completeness and accuracy
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: S - Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
PAY RANGE: $17.25 - $18.90
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.