A Senior Sleep Technologist works under the general supervision of the Clinical Coordinator/ Director/Manager or designee to provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders. This may involve polysomnography, diagnostic and therapeutic services or patient care and education.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: 919 Westfall Road Bldg A Suite 100
DEPARTMENT: Sleep disorders
Must have one of the following:
- Current NYS authorization as a Polysomnographic Technologist and Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) credential through the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT) and Associates Degree in Polysomnography Technology.
- Sleep Technician prior to 2013 and must have obtained Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) credential through Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT) no later than November 1, 2018. No degree required.
- NYS Certified Respiratory Technician and Associates Degree in Respiratory Therapy.
- NYS Registered Respiratory Therapist and Associates Degree in Respiratory Therapy.
- Two (2) years' relevant experience required
- Current BCLS certification required
- Patient Care. Review and evaluate history, physical exams, current vital signs, admission and current respiratory care orders for each patient; advise providers on appropriate respiratory care procedure and techniques
- Planning & Documentation. Initiate and update respiratory care plan for all patients per department policy and procedure; work collaboratively with other members of the healthcare team to implement the plan of care; monitor and document all pertinent clinical parameters and assessments on all assigned patients; modify treatment techniques based on patient response
- Education & Communication. Provide and document patient education for therapeutic procedures performed; communicate information regarding patient's clinical status to appropriate members of healthcare team; participate in the instruction and orientation of Respiratory Care team members, students and other allied health professional
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
PAY RANGE: $23.50 - $30.25
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.