HOW WE CARE FOR YOU
At St. Lawrence Health, we are dedicated to getting health care right. Our robust benefits and total rewards foster employee wellbeing, professional development and personal growth. We care for your career while caring for the community.
Receives Food Production Charts or assignments from Supervisor or designated employee and Plans amount of food stuffs necessary to meet the numbers and kinds of portions required.
Writes written requisitions selecting and obtaining appropriate supplies from refrigerator, freezer and storage.
Join the Massena Hospital (MH) team and be part of our mission to provide top-notch healthcare to our community! Massena Hospital is a vital part of our community, offering exceptional healthcare services in a welcoming and compassionate environment. We are an acute care facility with 25 beds, providing a wide range of medical, surgical, and pediatric care.
STATUS: Per Diem
LOCATION: Massena Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Nutritional Services
SCHEDULE: 8hr shifts
- High School Graduate or GED preferred.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions required.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics required.
- One year experience in institutional cooking or similar experience required.
- Must have some diet cooking therapeutic knowledge.
- Must be able to work unassisted as shift cook.
- Versatility to adapt to frequent changes in job duties covering a broad range of kitchen duties, as well as actual preparation and cooking of foods.
- Knowledge of operation of all food preparation equipment required.
- Near-visual acuity and color discrimination for examining cooked and stored foods to determine quality required.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Cleans and prepares vegetables; trims and cuts meats; broils; roasts; bakes; seasons food to assure food retains maximum taste.
- Prepares food in accordance with the menu description and standardized recipes supplied by supervisor or Dietitian.
- Ensures food served is attractive, palatable, delicious, and nutritious.
- Adheres to time frames set by the department and NYS Department of Health to assure meals are served to patients in a timely manner.
- Stores cooked and fresh foods and labels appropriately to assure minimum waste.
- May assist in checking in perishable deliveries and direct their storage.
- Handles and uses kitchen utensils. Slices, portions, transfers food to serving lines, assuring timely serving in appropriate quantities.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
PAY RANGE: $16.38 - $21.83
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.