HOW WE CARE FOR YOU:
At Rochester Regional Health, we are dedicated to getting health care right. Our robust benefits and total rewards foster employee wellbeing, professional development and personal growth. We care for your career while caring for the community.
- Pension Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits Effective Date of Hire
- Same Day Pay through Daily Pay
The HIM Records Management Specialist lead under the direction of the Manager of Document Lifecycle Management is responsible for the overall integrity of document scanning/indexing/corrections, forms control and inventory management, and organizational document storage, archiving and destruction. The Lead provides continuity during the initial and ongoing training of employees following established policy and procedures. The HIM Records Management Specialist lead will be responsible for addressing questions and issues in the absence of a manager. The lead is the designated super user to both internal and external parties in person, verbally and in writing to meet/exceed customer needs and/or organizational requirements/goals.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Newark Wayne Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Health Information Management
- (1-2+) years of experience in Health Information Management or other Healthcare setting.
- (3+) years of experience in Document Lifecycle Management.
- Collaborates with peers in the development and standardization of improved and automated workflows within the electronic medical record system and other applicable systems.
- Participates in EHR design and build sessions.
- Assists management in development of training documentation/instructions for end users.
- Assists management in creating and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Assists management in training internal and external team members on new functionality/workflows.
- Provides feedback to management on performance issues or concerns.
- Participates in data capture and reporting through the writing and development of ad-hoc reports from the EHR and other applicable systems.
- Knowledgeable in data and reporting manipulation through Excel, as well as the ability to leverage other components of the Microsoft Suite.
- Guides record management lifecycle related projects.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: S - Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
PAY RANGE: $19.00 - $22.50
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.