The Department of Orthopedics at Rochester Regional Health is seeking an additional physician assistant to join our growing, collaborative orthopedic provider team. Our physician assistants are an integral part of our orthopedic team and in this position you will provide comprehensive patient care in the hospital setting.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Rochester General Hospital
- Able to interact with patients in such a way as to instill confidence and ease of communication
- Deeply concerned for the health and well-being of others
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Exceptional documentation skills and professional behavior
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have proven ability to work in a team environment
- Experience is highly preferred
- RNFA is required
- Patient Care Perform a complete history and problem-focused examination; establishing a working diagnosis of non-operative and operative orthopedic conditions Interpret x-rays and other diagnostic studies. Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures Develop treatment plans to provide optimal patient medical management; orders consultations and interacts with members of other specialty medical teams. First assist orthopedic surgical cases enhancing the efficiency, continuity, and quality of surgical care in the operating room. Provide high quality, patient-focused perioperative care for orthopedic surgery patients in conjunction with our multidisciplinary team. Provide bedside treatments such as joint injections. Respond to and manage acute care needs of hospitalized orthopedic patients.
- Patient Satisfaction. Coordinates and communicates all aspects of patient care to patient, family, and health care team. Educates and encourages patients to become active participants in their own healthcare-related behavior and provides patient education materials related to diagnosis, treatment plans, and need for follow-up care, for use in encouraging wellness.
- Medication & Orders. Prescribe medication, write orders, perform procedures and respond to emergency and/or acute condition changes. Documentation. Thoroughly and concisely documents in the patient's medical record all patient contact encounters, progress notes, orders, prescriptions, test results, and patient instructions according to standard medical practice guidelines and to support appropriate billing practices.
- Quality and Education. Actively contributes to quality reporting metrics and participates in Grand Rounds, APP Council Meetings, unit meetings and M&M presentations. Demonstrates professional practice behavior including preceptor/mentoring, education and instruction of students, nursing staff, nurses, graduate and novice physician assistants and nurse practitioners.
- MS: Nursing (Required)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
- RN - Registered Nurse - New York State Education Department (NYSED)
- NP - Nurse Practitioner Certification - New York State Education Department (NYSED)
PAY RANGE: $95,000.00 - $150,000.00
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.