HOW WE CARE FOR YOU
At St. Lawrence Health, we are dedicated to getting health care right. Our robust benefits and total rewards foster employee wellbeing, professional development and personal growth. We care for your career while caring for the community.
- Same Day pay through Daily Pay
- Paid vacation & holiday pay
- Medical, dental, vision, hearing benefits
Responsible for providing professional nursing care for patients following established standards and practices. Assists physicians (MD, DO), Physician Assistants (PA), Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM), and Nurse Practitioner (NP) and staff in coordinating patient care. Functions as primary liaison between patients/their caregivers, staff and providers, assuming the responsibility and accountability for facilitating, communicating and collaborating with the practice team to identify and meet the physical and emotional needs of the patient.
Canton-Potsdam Hospital is a warm and caring not-for-profit community healthcare facility that's certified for 94 beds. Our mission is to provide exceptional healthcare services to the community. Within our welcoming walls, you'll find a wide array of core programs in emergency medicine, acute care, hospitalist medicine, and critical care. But that's just the beginning. We're not just a hospital; we're a beacon of health and wellness in the North Country. We proudly offer outpatient health services in Brasher Falls, Canton, Colton, Gouverneur, Massena, Norfolk, and Potsdam, NY.
STATUS: Full Time
DEPARTMENT: Physician Practice Management
SCHEDULE: 7.5hr, Days
- Required: Graduate of an accredited nursing school program
- Preferred: BSN from an accredited nursing school program
- Required: Current, unrestricted New York State registered professional nursing license; AHA BLS upon hire
- Care Management-Systematically identifies individual patients and plans, manages and coordinates their care, based on condition and needs and on evidence-based guidelines.
- Care Delivery- Triage patient phone calls, assist with rooming of patients, assist with standing orders, administer in office injections and infusions, assist with minor procedures and assist with managing prescription medications. Provide direct patient care. Obtain prior authorizations for medications and procedures. Assist & manage follow-up care as requested by Primary Care physician.
- People- Serve as a team lead, mentor and a resource provider for clinic and hospital staff. Provide education to patients and significant others, as well as staff. Maintains a level of communication that exceeds the person’s expectations in every encounter.
- Regulatory- Works with PPM management team to comply with all established standards and regulations. Adheres to CPH and PPM policies and procedures, protocols, guidelines, etc.
- Development- Works with PPM management team to resolve clinical issues (processes, performance, etc.) to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Other- Participates in ad hoc projects, as assigned.
- Collaborate with PPM management team to address daily operational issues and solve problems to comply with the delivery of quality patient care. Integrates CPH mission and core values within the sites.
- Works in collaboration with CPH and PPM departments as warranted.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
PAY RANGE: $66,500.00 - $84,200.00
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.