Nursing Students and New Graduates Overview
At Rochester Regional, our focus is to help you thrive as a nurse as you embark on your career. It’s just one of the many reasons that has led us to be nationally recognized for our nursing excellence. As a student or current graduate, we know that the more resources available to you, the better prepared you’ll be to take on challenges and grow as a patient care provider. That’s why we offer support through programs that allow you to cultivate your skills, work side by side with experts, and successfully develop in your career.
For more information, or if you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or connect with one of our recruiters. Applications are accepted based on graduation dates and availability.
Rochester Regional Health offers nursing opportunities in a wide range of Acute Care Facilities. Share your passion in one of our departments or specialties. Our robust onboarding and orientation process will prepare you and support you with ongoing resources.
Acute Care Opportunities Features:
- Expansive specialty units including Cardiology, Oncology, Neuro/stroke, Surgical, and Acute Medicine
- Opportunity to work closely with, and learn from, an experienced Nurse Preceptor
Learn more about the areas of nursing that interest you and further develop the skills and knowledge learned in nursing school. Designed specifically for recent nursing graduates, this unique programs gives you a head start on your nursing career.
Explore Nursing Program Features:
- 3-5 month paid program
- Rotational program provides the opportunity to experience 3 different units
- Opportunity to work alongside an experienced nurse preceptor
- Weekly education opportunities, networking events and shadowing events to explore other units
EXCEL NURSING INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
As a current nursing student, apply the techniques you’re learning in the classroom into real world experience with patients, top medical professionals and peers who share your passion.
EXCEL Program Features:
- A 10-week paid program
- Rotational program provides the opportunity to experience three different inpatient units to help you find the best long-term fit for you
- Work as a patient care technician side-by-side with a Nurse Preceptor
- Weekly educational events and various networking opportunities
- Locations: Rochester General Hospital, Unity Hospital, Newark-Wayne Community Hospital and Clifton Springs Hospital & Clinic
Our ED fellowships give recent nursing graduates the unique opportunity to experience firsthand the fast-paced and fulfilling environment found only in the emergency department. Apply the knowledge learned in nursing school and expand your skills in either our adult or pediatric ED fellowships.
- Emergency Fellowships are a paid one-year commitment to work alongside an experienced RN in our adult or pediatrics Emergency Departments
- Spring and Winter enrollment periods available